Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Jason Forde on his 2011 bike

 
Yesterday, our long time St-Martin team rider Jason Forde sent me a message about his new bike with 2011 Evo frame and many 2011 parts. I like when riders share their visions.
Hier, Jason Forde, notre abonné anglais au team St-Martin depuis longtemps, m'a envoyé un message au sujet de son nouveau vélo avec un cadre Evo 2011 et beaucoup de pièces 2011. J'aime quand les riders partagent leurs points de vue. En anglais uniquement.
-----------------------------------------------
The bike feels real good. I cant feel the extra length that much, it was only 2mm. I do have an issue with the down tube, I just need to get used to it. (12 hours later :) nose wheelies are so much easier, I beat my record on whiplashes I even lost count. Also the down tube in not an issue anymore.
I was not sure about the handlebar. At first it looked a bit odd, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. It feels just right, function over fashion.
The crank feels so good, no flex at all, it feels so stiff.
But over all, IT FEELS LIKE A BIKE, I will miss the Downtown and the Eiffel, best frames i've ever been on.
Thanks again, this is the bike i've wanted for years now.
jay
-----------------------------------------------
Picture : Marcelo Nardi